How to reset BT mail password?
BT Broadband is an internet broadband service provider, division of BT Group in the United Kingdom. It was previously known as “BT Total Broadband”, “BT Yahoo! Broadband” and “BT Openworld”. The Broadband package now considered as ADSL broadband products, such as ADSL Max and ADSL2+ with the launch of “BT Infinity”.
Once you subscribe BT Broadband, you would need to register yourself with one email address and password and make an account on BT mail portal. It is useful to change settings and maintain the services. However, you’d have to go for BT mail password reset in case you need to change your password in general or at times you forget that. Following are some ways to reset your BT mail password.
- Login to MY BT.
- Click on “Settings”
- Scroll down a little to 'Your BT ID details'
- Click on “Edit password”
- Provide a new strong password and existing passwords in the required fields.
- Click on “Next”
- Enter old and new password
- A confirmation message in green will come up on screen.
BT Mail Password Recovery
Your BT Internet account contains information about your internet connection, TV subscription and their bills, which should not be seen by some other person. It is recommended that you need to perform BT mail password recovery often to maintain the security of your account. In case, you forgot the password, you may follow the below mentioned steps to reset your password.
- On your browser go to login page.
- Click on “I’ve forgotten my password”.
You will be redirected to a page where you can reset the password.
- Provide your email address.
- Click on “Next”.
Here, you would need to answer the security question. These questions will turn up on the screen are those which you set during registering the BT account. This process is mandatory to prove your identity and to authenticate the account as owner.
- Provide your answers for the security questions on the provided field.
- Click on “Next” to go further.
- Confirm your password reset request.
- Provide an alternate email address.
- Open and check the alternate email you just provided.
- You would receive a temporary password in that email account sent by BT.
- Use that to change your password.
- Use the temporary password to login.
- Once you are logged in, you can change the password in settings.
To avoid the unwanted access of your account, you should do BT mail password reset after every 3-4 months. As if any third person would get to know about your account password, he/she can easily make changes to your subscriptions and services that you are using.