How to Fix Outlook Search When It's Not Working
Microsoft Outlook undoubtedly provides the best email services that help users to manage and organize their important emails in one place. There could be several reasons that could result in Outlook search not working issue on your account. There is no need to worry as it can be fixed by following some troubleshooting steps discussed in this write-up. But before we proceed further with the troubleshooting ways to fix your Outlook account, let's have a look at some reasons behind the outlook search not working issue.
Common reasons that lead to Outlook search not working properly
- The reasons why your Outlook search may not work properly could be:
- Unwanted add INS on your account
- The outlook data file may have corrupted the personal folder
- Fault with the windows registry
- Outdated version of Microsoft office
- Outlook indexing is status has errors.
- An issue with the office database
Now we will learn about some troubleshooting ways to fix these issues in a proper manner.
Troubleshooting methods to fix Outlook search not working issue:
- First of all, users need to make sure that their Outlook account is updated with the latest version. You can check for the latest updates by going to the file option, selecting the office account, and going to the update options under the product information. Finally, enable the updates if the option is available and select update now to get the latest version of Outlook.
- Run the windows search troubleshooter by going to the start and then settings and going to update and security option of your account. Now click on Troubleshoot and go to the additional troubleshooter's option to run the troubleshooter and fix the issue.
- Try to rebuild your Outlook and x or repair it by going to the indexing options From your Outlook account.
- Make sure you do not have the corrupt data file on your Outlook account. You can perform the folder file repair steps to fix the issue of Outlook search not working.
- Lastly, users can uninstall their Preinstalled version of Outlook and then re-install it to fix the outlook search issues.
By following these troubleshooting steps, users can fix the Outlook Not Working issue. Still, if you need any further assistance, then reach out to the outlook customer support team via various contact methods provided on the official website.