Reasons for Printer Not Responding to Computer
It is important to remember that printer failure is a normal printer error and this problem can be caused due to many reasons. For example, your printer may stop working and not respond to the computer due to outdated printer driver. Further, this problem can occur if the printer is not linked to a network.
Below are a few easy and efficient troubleshooting steps that can be used to help you fix the problem of your printer not responding to computer:
- The most current patches and updates are not mounted in the computer
- Ensure the right configuration of your printer
- Reset service Print Spooler if it stopped working
- Test the compatibility of the printer for your version of windows
- Make certain that the default is the chosen Printer
- Outdated Device Driver of the Printer
- Run the Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooter
- See all links and connections of the printer with computer
- Visit the firewall and antivirus command controlling issues
Other common issues when the printer does not respond to computer
Most often connection issues are causing a cable problem, through which you are not able to connect the computer to the printer. There can be one explanation that your printer has "empty cartridge" where you wish to refill the cartridge, papers and rollers to correct it and work properly. Confirm that there are no hardware issues and replacement requirements so that they solve the problem of your printer not responding to computer. There could also be a technological problem, with the connection of your computer like a defective or unsupported port.
There can be a problem with your motherboard, where you need to repair the whole computer and try to troubleshoot the system through latest drivers, hardware components and ports. There may be an issue of a defected cable through which your printer not responding to computer. You may also attempt to troubleshoot the printer and take adequate steps to fix the issue. If the situation continues to persist, it is best to obtain the assistance of experienced professionals for the reconstruction, repair or awareness of the principal cause of the problems.